17 August 2013
11 January 2012
It is only the first 10 days of 2012….and it is already OH so exciting!!! Here is a brief summary of my exciting 2012…in typical journalistic ways…
Q. How did you start your year?
A. I was at home. As much as I was very 风心 (aka Hong Sim in hokkien) and desired to be out, I behaved and controlled myself and managed to stick to my priorities � i.e. stay home and rest. This is all thanks to Taka starting their CNY Fair before 2012. Check out www.yangyang.com.sg if you still don't know what I'm talking about. And if you still don't know what I'm talking about, it means you are only a fan, not a friend :p
Q. Who were you with at countdown?
A. I spent it with Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Zhu Ge Liang. Yes. I'm most proud that finally, at my ripe old age, I managed to complete the whole story of 三国。 It's been something I wanted to do for years…since 2000 actually..but never had the opportunity.
My favourite man is Zhu Ge Liang. I think ZGL is a most brilliant man. And silly Liu Bei should have stuck to listening to him. I'm in 2 minds as to whether Cao Cao is a good guy or bad guy. I think the producers of the show can't decide too…and portrayed him in such a way that it is very much left to the viewer to decide. I did cry when CC died…and when Liu Bei died…and when Zhang Fei died…and of course when ZGL died….ok I cry when most people die in the show.
Q. Work wise? What's "oh so exciting"?
A. We launched Way To Go, Singapore! www.waytogo.sg …ok DPM launched it. We worked on it behind the scenes.
We've been on the project for a few months…working endlessly with some great clients. Working on a nationwide outreach movement to share messages about productivity has been such a privilege. And I'll like to confirm, that DPM Tharman is very brilliant. Very.
And in case you'll like to see the press release for the above, it is here: http://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/Pages/PressReleasesDetail.aspx?listid=402
Q. What's up for the rest of 2012?
A. In usual Qween's fashion, I so look forward to the rest of the year, and can't wait to embrace every minute of it. I hearts my life, my lifestyle, the people around me. I'll dance through 2012...ideally to bossa nova style music. And if you really want to know about the rest of 2012…keep coming back to this page!!!!
Here's wishing you a rock and roll 2012. May the auspicious Dragon bring you great health and prosperity!!!!!!
22 December 2011
1. No, we don’t know every journalist everywhere across the island—not that it matters. Even journalists whose weddings we were in will turn down our pitches occasionally.
2. Few things actually warrant a press release …
3. … And a creative PR professional can still brainstorm ways to achieve your goals without one.
4. Stop insisting we call the media. Most of them hate this and specifically request we contact them exclusively via email.
5. PR is not free advertising. PR is not free (or cheap), period.
6. Don’t ask us to pitch an idea and then not be available for an interview. If you want the press, we need you to be ready to talk to the media at a moment’s notice.
7. What matters most to you may be totally irrelevant to a journalist. Remember that it’s what they—not you—think is important that matters in the end.
8. Publicists cannot control the end product. It is unethical for us to ask, to see, or to proof a copy of the story beforehand, or to dictate what the reporter can and can’t say. Doing so will backfire—trust me. Anyway, the journalists will not show you.
9. Social media is more than Facebook and Twitter.
10. If you insist on running all tweets and posts past your legal department, don’t expect results from your social media strategy.
11. If a journalist says he or she is not interested in a story, that person means it. Reaching out again will further annoy the reporter and guarantee you’ll be ignored the next time.
12. Don’t measure your PR results in ad equivalency rates. Do you want to know you had $500,000 of ad equivalent value in negative press, or would you rather know 80 percent of the press you received was positive in tone and accurate in its messages?
13. Ditto for “We’re so excited/thrilled/happy” CEO quotes. Pretend you’re explaining the story to a friend over drinks, and then give us that quote.
14. There’s no need for a logo and boilerplate for anyone who so much as breathed in a room where the project was discussed.
15. PR is a process. You know who hits it big overnight with a story on the front page of Straits Times? Criminals, dead politicians and SMRT breakdowns. Do you want to be one of them?
16. You can’t “make” something go viral. That’s why it’s called “going viral.”
17. An ethical PR pro is not a spin doctor. Do not ask me to lie, spin the truth, evade the press, or hide your dirty laundry.
18. I love you. You’re my favorite client. You’re the only one I work on all day.
9 November 2011
After donkey years, I’ve finally checked into my nuffnang account to see if this blog is still alive. This is amazing!!!! This blog seems to be visited by about 60 of you a week for the past few months! Wow!!!! 60?!?!?!?! I know there’s like my sista, Jules, Fang…..who else is checking this site out????? Identify yourself to win special moments with me!!!! wahaha..
And to show my grandest appreciation, here are some photos
This was when Dylan just joined us. Big thank you to Julie for adding this bundle of joy to our lives!!
Seriously pretending to make cupcakes at Café 8. Haha….it was really sweet of Bill to allow us to make a mess of his kitchen…all for princess Jo’s birthday. Can’t imagine how drama it will be next year when she turns the big 3-0!
Haha…this is classic. This is Chris stuck in my car with so so many balloons!!!!
And this was at Alvin’s birthday, where we “make” him and force him to pose like the lady on the wall!!
Ok la…this is it for now. Identify yourself for some solo treats!
28 October 2011
A wise story from my daddy:
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried out loud. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. Witheach shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.
As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over theedge of the well and happily trotted off!
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.
Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.
2. Free your mind from worries - Most never happens.
3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less from people and more from God.
21 September 2011
I never knew my addiction is strong. Initially, I didn't even think about it. Just moved and did the right thing. Days dragged to weeks. Some days, I really tried very hard but no matter how much I slept, I never really felt rested. Before I knew it, it became weeks. I wake up in shock some nights. And the rare times I slept throughout the night, I wake up feeling like I never slept.
Tonight, I defied all odds and instructions. I disobeyed and ignored the warning signs. I don't care that the works are still going on. I don't care that it stinks. I'm going back to my room and sleeping on MY bed! Yes!! I'm addicted to my bed!!!!
20 July 2011
I've been to too many weddings as Emcee. Once, I was emcee for a friend's cousin � I therefore didn't know the bride and groom at all! I've been to so many as emcee, that I'm now the person others call for an emcee script if they are need one. So here it is. For one and all called upon by dearest friends to be wedding emcees…here it is.
Good evening distinguished guests and beloved family and friends, my name is ______________ the MC for this evening. We gather today for the wedding celebrations of：
the (eldest) son of
Mr. and Mrs. _____________________________(name of Groom's parents),
Mr. _____________________________________(name of Groom)
And the (youngest) daughter of
Mr. and Mrs. ______________________________(name of Bride's parents)
Miss _____________________________________(name of Bride)
*Please always refer to the wedding invitation card for this part. Chinese families are particular.
Together with my co-MC _______________________, we hope to make this dinner reception a light-hearted and memorable one for you and the newly-weds.
我是__________________今晚的大会司仪之一， 感谢大家百忙之中来参加今晚的婚宴, 与_______________________________夫妇的(长)子_______________________先生
Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and join me to welcome, our stars for tonight: the beautiful bride and very handsome groom, Mr. and Mrs_______________
事不宜迟 就让我们起立 以最热情的掌声来欢迎今晚的男女主角 ___________________夫妇 登山筵席的红地毯。有请！
And now, dinner will be served. Enjoy.
This morning, the couple with their "brothers and sisters" went through a very exciting and memorable traditional wedding ceremony of "fetching the bride" over to the groom's place. We have prepared a short video clip highlighting the special moments from this morning. Enjoy!
We've prepared a montage of photographs sharing the couple's growing up years and their journey together. Without further ado, here they are. Enjoy!
请大家欣赏我们即将播放的录影，关于 ______与 __________ 共度的人生片段。
[2nd March In]
Ladies and Gentlemen, please join me with a your loudest applause as we welcome back to the banquet hall, _____________& ____________. Please remain seated.
Let's welcome our newly weds ___________& __________to come on stage to pop the champagne!
[Groom & Bride Speech]
The groom & bride will now like to say a few words.
Now ladies and gentlemen, I would like to invite the families of the bride and groom, along with the brothers from the groom side and the sisters from the bride side, up on stage for the ceremonial toast.
Someone said, happiness is not a destination. It is a journey. Please join me as we raise our glasses for our first toast to _____________& __________, wishing them a blissful lifelong journey together.
For the second toast, we wish our newly wed couple a bountiful harvest and to multiply in numbers!
For the third toast, we would like to wish thank everyone here for joining in the celebrations, wishing all our guests great health and good fortune.
[End of Dinner]
We have now come to the end of our joyous occasion. We hope that it has been a memorable evening for you and that you have shared the same blissful and happy moments with us. Wishing you a good evening and a pleasant week ahead. Bye bye!
俗话说 天下无不散之筵席 我们今晚的酒席也要圆满落幕了。再次感谢所有在座的贵宾和亲朋好友莅临我们的晚会。希望你们也和我们一样能够感受得到我们的喜悦和快乐，也祝你们身体健康，合家平安，有情人终成眷属。拜拜！